Monday, March 24, 2008

Tradition Addict!

I love traditions! Love them! And even though it is just the two of us so far, I still try to get as many traditions in as possible on our holidays! Yesterday was my favorite holiday! I love Easter! It means Spring is here, and I love the whole spirit of Easter! Here are some of the things we do for Easter.

Because of all the hard-boiled eggs around we include them in breakfast. We have what is called creamed eggs on toast, and what looks like nasty! But let me tell you, it is delicious! It is a flour based gravy with eggs and toast! Aaron was so nervous to try it for the first time, but it is now one of his favorite breakfast meals!


In our Easter baskets, while I was growing up, along with our candy, and maybe a coloring book or something small like that, we always got new underwear and new socks. Think it's wierd if you want, but I don't care. So Aaron and I have continued the tradition. I know, we seem lame doing Easter baskets for each other. But Easter is my favorite, give me a break!

For dinner, nothing was a tradition, but it was still really good, I made a pork roast, veggies and garlic mashed potatoes. Good stuff!

All in all, it was a great Easter Sunday! We couldn't help but look forward to next Easter though, when we will have our little boy. We didn't get to dye eggs though. I was pretty disappointed, but we are in the process of moving, and so things have been a bit hectic. We didn't have a ton of time to even think about eggs!

6 comments:

Troy and Brittany said...

Hey, I didn't know you guys were moving. Where to? Also, I echo Kristen's statement. We talked and want to be in on throwing the shower with family or whatever. So we can totally help your mom get stuff set up before she gets in town and then help getting everything together, K? Have a great day!

cat+tadd=sam said...

You guys are moving? Where to? I love your Easter traditions! I'll be at the salon tomorrow from 5:30-8, Wednesday from 5:30-8 and Thursday from 6-8, so drop by anytime! Thanks for being patient! :)

cat+tadd=sam said...

For an appointment? I come in around 10, I don't have an appointments yet. Is that when you wanted to schedule?

Teresa said...

I know she is totally slacking. I've fussed at her a couple times already. :) When I saw the pictures of your bother Jordan all grown up I had a heart attack. The way I remember him is when he was pint size like my brother and running around building tents and being nerds. :) Good old times, huh?

cat+tadd=sam said...

So far I don't have any appointments set for that week, except Saturday, so you can grab anyday if you'd like! I could do it anytime after 5:30 on either the 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Would any of those days work for you?

Hannah said...

Hey Nickell. We started an Easter tradition this year that you might appreciate. For dinner I wanted to have fish & honeycomb, cause after Christ was resurrected some of his disciples were afraid that he was a ghost so he ate fish & honeycomb. Dinner wasn't quite as I imagined as our budget allowed frozen fish patties and honey toast. Maybe in a couple years we'll get the real thing. I was really excited about it though.

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff