Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Memory Monday 03/10/08

So today is my birthday, and it got me remembering all my birthday's from previous years. I quickly remembered the birthday that I learned that I should never throw my own birthday party, or plan my own birthday party.

"Sweet 16"

I made invitations, passed them out all over school, and had quite the turnout! Too bad I am too OCD! I was so worried about stuff going wrong, that I hardly enjoyed the party at all! Some of my friends said it was one of the funnest parties they had ever been too. I remember having a lot of conflicting thoughts with that!

First of all, this was the plan....

We had scheduled the Stake Center cultural hall for this "event"! We had music, I had an emcee, we had a "movie corner" (basically a TV in the corner playing movies), a cotton candy machine, lots of food....it was bound to be the best party ever....

I don't know where it came from but someone brought a basketball and speed was played all night....the music turned into karaoke....needless to say from my point of view it was a disaster. We hadn't made enough of the ice cream stuff so I didn't even get any of my own birthday "cake". I was crushed. And now looking back on it, people still had fun so it didn't really matter. Since then, I haven't planned a party for myself! Someone else has to have control so I don't get frustrated when something goes wrong....cause I just won't know about it!

I probably sound really snotty from this blog....reading it, I definitely do.

(I know I posted this on a Tuesday, but I didn't get around to posting it on Monday. So here it is!)

1 comment:

Troy and Brittany said...

Amen. I have the exact same problem.

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff