Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Memory Monday--03/17 Technology

So I am not quite sure why I say it is Memory Monday, when usually I am creating this post on Tuesdays! Memory Tuesday just doesn't sound as nice....

I've come to realize that my memories are not that exciting! Memories come up often in my life, seeing as I remember a strange amount of information. I also remember strange things. Things no one ever remembers, nor should they. Putting this information on a computer, and then clicking a button so everyone else can read it, is interesting. The Internet is a useful but dangerous tool! Luckily, and hopefully we are all using it for the usefulness. It is so much easier to communicate with people through the Internet. Sometimes I wonder what it must have been like to live across the country from someone you love back in the horse back courier days! You probably actually always lived close to family. Who knows. But it makes me think of the days that we didn't have the Internet even.

I was 14 when my family first got the good ol' dial-up Internet! We had just gotten a computer, which was amazing compared to what we had been using! Our other computer we had only used DOS! Getting papers written on that was near impossible! So we got a new computer, and the Internet! A whole new world had been opened that I had not been aware of! If you know me well, you know I hate talking on the phone. I had just discovered Instant Messaging! It was amazing, I could have conversations with people, but not be talking on the phone.

Now because of the Internet we can be communicating with family whenever. We got my family a web cam for Christmas, and it is so fun to talk to them over the web cam instead of over the phone. Technology has definitely come a long way, and I am so grateful!

Wow this post kind of took a weird turn. First it wasn't a memory, and then it was, and then I'm not sure what it was after that. Mostly it was just thoughts I had. Oh well!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Ah, Nickel! You discovered the REAL reason why I had to cut back my Memory Monday... my memories weren't that interesting! But I actually remember your memory and it was totally cool when that happened.

Teresa said...

I love your memory mondays! I find them very fun to read! Its always fun to see what people remember because it's always the small little things:)

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff