These boys of mine. I love 'em. Every single one of them. They're so fun and hilarious. They make me crazy, yes. But they also make me so so happy.
Kade: He has had a hard year. He didn't adjust well to the transition here from Utah and we had a few issues we had to work out. In the past month or so, he's been so much happier and I feel like I'm getting my Kade back. He's loving school and doing so well! He loves to read and play outside. He loves art and climbing trees. He's so helpful and he gets better at cleaning, every day. (Albeit not sans complaint. I'm the grouchy mom that makes her kid do chores. And I'm not even sorry about it.) He is quick to make friends and loves playing with other kids. He's our social one, for sure!
Tadd: There are no words for Tadd. He is my comedic relief in life. My favorite thing right now is his pronunciation and usage of the word "probably". It used to be pra-dur-ee, now (as of today) he pronounces it pra-ja-bee. Oh my heart, it's so cute in his little voice. He's rough and tumble 90% of the time. The other 10% he is so sweet and gentle. Whenever he's sitting next to me, he'll just start tickling my arm, or my back, or gently play with my hair. He's a mama's boy through and through. He always wants to snuggle mama and don't forget the pj's. He's obsessed with pajamas. He loves to be comfortable and snuggly. He's constantly taking my glasses off and smothering my face in kisses. Tadd is more of a loner. He plays with other kids for a second and then observes and then wanders off and plays alone. He's perfectly happy doing so.
Max: My Max. For a while I was honestly worried that it was taking so long for him to learn things and catch up. They said he'd be about a year before he'd be caught up. A year came and he was still pretty behind. But in the last month or so, he has advanced in leaps and bounds. He's not walking yet but I have a feeling that it's right around the corner. He just has to muster up the courage. He's not saying many words but he's starting to. He says mama, dada, Tadd. He yells and points his finger which, we have gathered, means "stop!" He's all smiles, most of the time. He eats like he's never had a meal before. He gives kisses, open mouthed and all. He can never decided who he wants holding him. He's always reaching between Aaron, Kade and me.
They're all three so different with their personalities! They have some similarities, and some common interests but they are so different and they each bring something to our family that we just feel lucky to have.