Friday, October 17, 2008

Fat...

This post may offend some people, so reader discretion is advised...

Just in case anyone was wondering, this is fat. Fat Albert is fat. I am so sick and tired of hearing healthy people say they are fat. There is a HUGE difference between someone that is healthy, and someone that is fat. I looked up fat on dictionary.com, this was the first definition...

1. having too much flabby tissue; corpulent; (FLABBY tissue)

Needless to say there is definitely a difference between being fat and being obese. Seriously though, if you don't like what you look like, don't say you are fat unless you REALLY ARE! It just makes you sound ignorant. Now I love all of my friends and family dearly, and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, I really have just heard it a lot lately. I hate it. I have always hated it, my whole life. I realize a lot of people out there are just fishing for compliments, which is another story, but still. It's ridiculous. So many of you look fantastic, and should not be so degrading toward yourselves. Here is a quote from a YW lesson Loving Ourselves and Others

A person who loves herself in the right way knows that she is a child of God, that God loves her, and that she has many talents. But she knows that other people are also children of God and that she should use her talents to serve them.

“If you truly love yourself, you will remember that you are a physical, mental, and spiritual being. Loving yourself as God wants you to means that you use wisdom in protecting your life and conserving your health in order to complete your mission on earth. …


“Comparing yourself to others can … result in either feelings of inferiority or superiority. … Accept yourself as the unique person that you are without comparing yourself to others. Doing this will help you love yourself properly without conceit” (Clark Swain, “Q & A,” New Era, Mar. 1979, p. 38).

Health is a huge issue, of course we all need to be healthy, but I think you get my point. I've heard many a general authority say "in moderation". If you have a piece of pie, don't kill yourself over it. You can still be healthy and not constantly worry about what you are eating. If you are not eating pie all day everyday, you'll probably be OK! Enjoy your life! Have a bowl of ice cream! Then go exercise! Not everyone looks the same, not everyone is SUPPOSED to look the same. So you might be healthy, and not able to get down to a size 2, or size 4 or even size 6 or 8 or whatever, it doesn't mean you are fat. I might get into a lot of trouble with this post as far as friends and family go, but I needed to speak my mind.

7 comments:

Shanicherie said...

I totally agree with you! As women, we all have days that we feel "fat", but I think it's much more appropriate to say you feel bloated or something like that because saying that you're fat can be offensive to some people and it's degrading to yourself!

heather said...

I agree with you! It's true that we as women say we are "fat" when really we just feel that way because we ate too much or we are on our period.
Now, about health, I agree too. We all need to be more healthy. So what we ate a piece of pie, but don't overdue it next time. That's my policy.
Thanks for speaking your mind!

Sarah said...

moist

Holly Emerson said...

See, and I really am fat, but I like myself anyway! But Fat Albert is still fatter than I am!

Erin said...

Nickell, I like you. Because I attend BYU, and before coming here I had no idea, but it is the land of skinny girls and people who work out a LOT. And way too many peeps talk about being fat when they're not, and it bothers me too.

The Coccimiglios said...

True with people who think they are fat and they're not but not every girl says it for attention. Some really do have a screwed up self image and thats what they see. Justa thought but I love that quote you have and I may have to steal it from you.

Allison said...

I love the whole thing. Maybe it's because I'm not fat. :)

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff