Saturday, June 13, 2009

He's Going Back.

A little back story. A few weeks ago Aaron was called into his bosses office with three other guys. His boss then broke the news that the company had lost some jobs that they really needed. Due to this, he had to let them all go. They were the least experienced in the field and therefore not needed as much as the rest of them. He didn't say it in so many words but basically that's what he was saying. He then said, if I get more work in and need the help again, you will be the first ones I call.

Aaron is usually gone in the morning before I wake up. Friday morning two weeks ago, I wake up to Aaron walking into our room. It's light outside and he's holding Kade so I know it isn't so early that he just hasn't left for work yet.

He came and sat on the bed and then told me he had been laid off. I thought he was kidding. We had just been through this last year. It lasted 6 months. We made it but it was a struggle. This also meant we were losing benefits. That was the real kicker. During the summers we make enough with my photography stuff that I wasn't too worried about the income. The benefits are much needed though because of my thyroid medicines and lab work that I am constantly getting.

We prayed for Aaron to find another job, however, I had an overwhelming feeling it wouldn't be another job. It would be the same job and we just had to be patient for his boss to call him back in. I even told Aaron, "I bet he calls you back in a couple weeks!" Aaron had a harder time with this than I did. He worries more.

Fast forward to this past Wednesday....

We drove down to Las Vegas to take some newborn pictures for Aaron's cousin Holly. They just had a baby a few weeks ago and so we made the trip down there. We had been there for maybe an hour or so on Wednesday night when Aaron got a call from a number he didn't recognize, so he didn't answer it. After the phone call there was a voice mail, he listened to it and it was a message from his very eager boss to hire him back. He walked outside to call him back and as he was doing so his boss called him again. They spoke on the phone for a while and he had wanted Aaron to start back as early as that next morning (Thursday) but since we were in Vegas, they decided on him starting back on Monday. (Let me mention that that is one business day over 2 weeks from the day he got let go!)

Unfortunately it isn't all happy, two guys had been fired for a job that got messed up. I definitely feel for them and their families. The job market is so tough right now.

So he's going back. I am so glad! I was wanting to spend a lot of time with Kade this summer since we will soon be trying to add to our family. Now I get to spend that time with Kade, we have benefits again and I have a blissfully happy husband!

3 comments:

The Everts said...

What a great story. We are so fortunate with Fred's job. I'm so happy for you guys. I can't even imagine what I would do if Fred came home and told me he was laid off. What great faith you have!

heather said...

I'm so glad that he got his job back. This is always a scary thing especially right now with the economy.
Oh, and you guys were here in Vegas this past week?! Why didn't you tell me! j/k...you were with family and I totally understand.

Melody's Voice said...

Oh good! I am soo happy! Adding to the family huh?

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff