Saturday, April 11, 2009

The First Easter Post--There Will Be More

We dyed eggs tonight. It was fun but short lived. I'm the only one that actually cares about doing it. I love traditions and so I have to make sure they happen. This is my absolute FAVORITE holiday. I love love love Easter! I love the meaning of Easter plus it falls during my favorite season so it's good all around. This Easter will be Kade's last-first holiday. It's crazy. This Easter Sunday he is 11 months old. He's talking more now, mostly it's just babbling, but there are a few words: Mama, Dada, Hi, Ba-Ba and Ball. He's on the verge of walking but he's taking his sweet time which is JUST FINE with me!! His mouth is basically full of teeth now. Tomorrow he will wear his first suit to church, it's so cute!

Aaron showing Kade the eggs we're about to dye.

He just wanted to eat them.


I just thought this was funny. He was going on and on about something important I'm sure.



This is why the dying was short lived. What can you expect with kids though! It got everywhere. I'm just glad we captured it. Kade wanted to take the egg out himself.

Our dozen eggs turned into eight because Kade had fun throwing them and seeing them break, and cracking the shells with his fists.
I of course had to take pictures of the eggs. I liked them.

1 comment:

Barry Lauritzen said...

Way to go, Nick! You all know how much I love your Grandma, but I don't know if you realize how much I cherish the fact that she was the powerful force behind almost all of our family traditions. And, I would venture to say that most of the traditions that you cherish were passed down through your Mom from Grandma. I don't have the words to express how valuable I think those traditions are in binding a family together. Keep it up. Stay strong.

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff