Sunday, March 29, 2009

Our Weekend

We have had quite a busy weekend. I am sad it is almost over. The first weekend in a while we didn't have any photo shoots, but it was definitely a very full weekend. We started out by getting our old apartment cleaned out. We have been waiting until our lease is up to clean it so we didn't have to do it twice. If you are wondering if this means that we have been renting to places for the past three months the answer is yes! And if you are wondering if we are excited to finally only be paying one rent payment the answer is heck yes!!!

We did take a short break in the cleaning to get our taxes done, and I will tell you I left happier than I have ever been after doing taxes. For the first time since we have been married, we haven't owed any money. Not only did we not owe, we are getting money back!!! Thank you Kade! These are pictures of Kade being oh so patient while we cleaned out our old apt.

After cleaning we went to my Auny Jeny's house so I could help her plant her garden. My plan was to help her so she'd help me since I have never planted one before. However, cleaning took WAY longer than planned and I ended up planting probably 3 feet worth of seeds in her garden. Hopefully she will still help me! After the "hard work" in the garden we had dinner and watched Lost. We are still getting them caught up. Plus we love watching it again and catching things we didn't catch the first time. Jeny had some beautiful daffodils on her kitchen table, so naturally I took some pictures.


Tara (2 from left) and Spencer (2 from right) (cousins) went to the festival of colors and I had to get a picture of them with their friends from that too because they looked down right awesome.

Before we watched Lost we did play a little Rock Band on the Wii. Kade played too and it was pretty cute. He loved it! This picture (above) shows his cheese. He loves cheesing it lately.

Going solo.

Then today we went up to Eagle Mountain for Colin and Sarah. Colin blessed their 3rd baby. There are some pictures of baby Sydney on my photo blog, I didn't get any today. Nickell Photography Blog. These are just some pictures of the kiddos having fun. Kade is a big flirt and loves Lily. Here he is hammin it up with food in his mouth. So polite!



6 comments:

Grandma said...

You are really a good photographer. I love all the pictures. Kade is a doll. He is getting pretty big. Can't wait to see him again.

Teresa said...

He is getting such a little personality. Blogs are the best cause I can watch him grow from across the country. I especially like the picture where he looks determined to play the drums. Super cute :)

Barry Lauritzen said...

I agree with Teresa. The blog is great fun and helps ease the pain of being so far away from everyone. Why don't you all move back to Colorado Springs.

KILEY said...

Hey, I used your story about the man paying for your groceries in my sacrament talk on sunday. Pretty random, but it fit in nicely!

Fun and Festive said...

I love all the pictures, I downloaded all of them! He is soooo cute. His personality is showing. I see he likes his "peppy" dog.

heather said...

I'm so retarted! I totally forgot to change your new blog address and never checked your blog b/c my side bar said you hadn't updated. Wow, Kade looks so much older. I'm really going to have to read through your blog to catch up!

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff