Monday, February 18, 2008

Memory Monday


As per request today's memory will be about how Aaron and I met. In this picture we had been dating for a while already, but it is from a long time ago, so yeah. In October of 2002, Ashley and I were talking to her friend Brandon, and the three of us decided that it would be fun to go play tennis, and Ashley mentioned Aaron, and suggested that Brandon should bring him too. Brandon and Aaron are really good friends. It was a plan! That following Saturday the four of us played tennis. I still remember everything he was wearing. He was wearing a tan beanie, his gray sweatshirt, and his North Carolina basketball shorts, oh and tennis shoes. However, once I saw him, I was a little embarrassed. I thought he was very good looking, and I had just rolled out of bed, thrown up my hair, and put on sweats and a t-shirt. We were playing tennis, nothing fancy. I noticed he was really funny, and athletic. Both of which I liked. There was one big problem though. He wouldn't talk to me. He was 22, and I was 16. As he puts it "I thought she was cute, but WAY too young!" He would purposely ignore me any time we were around each other after that. So we met, but that was about it. Except for me, I was sure I was in love!

Six months later we started dating on a fluke. Ashley and Brandon were dating, and her parents only wanted her going on double dates, and since Aaron was friends with Brandon, and I was friends with Ashley, Aaron and I dated....I guess. Once he started talking to me it was great! I was never able to talk to guys like I was able to talk to him. We had been hanging out a lot, thanks to Ashley and Brandon going on a lot of dates. I could tell he started liking me, and became more ok with my age, because he started flirting a ton, and he became very affectionate. He would always put his arm around me, or hug me, or even just stand close to me. It was kind of funny! But I didn't mind, because remember? I was in love. Brandon kept telling me that I should just kiss him, or else nothing will ever happen. This is because as Brandon said, Aaron never kisses a girl first. Usually hearing that would just make me not want to, how in love with himself is he? Heavenly Father obviously knew something I didn't because one night when Aaron walked me to my car, we were standing there talking for a while, and I asked him a question, before he could answer, I kissed him. Much to the surprise of both of us! And then it was official!

6 comments:

Bowman's Beach said...

well, what great friends these Ashley and Brandon people are. They must have been in tune J/K. it worked out according to plan good thing it was the Big plan also!

Nickell said...

It's true, we're pretty glad we're friends with you guys!

Britney, Matt, and Parker Croad said...

hey! We've never met Nickell but I knew Aaron back in the high school days. I've enjoyed reading your blog and hearing how things are going for you guys, congrats on the baby!

Amber Joy said...

Look how young you guys look..cute, cute, cute! Isn't it funny that now you know Aaron, thinking he was full of himself...ha, Aaron is the furthest thing from a guy like that. I'm so glad you guys are together and are so good together. You mesh...just look at that picture..duh!!!

Unknown said...

I like that story, I just think how funny that is because I am aaron's age then and to think of it its a fun story. I never knew the whole story I just thought it was weired, at the time, you were hanging out. I can't see mysefl dating a 16 year old, but then again I can't see myself dating

Serena Autumn Simonsen said...

i love it! i love your dating stories! sooooo cute! I was smiling and laughing while reading all of the cute comments on your dating experience. yay!

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff