Friday, January 11, 2008

Registering!


I have to admit, I was looking more forward to buying baby girl items, over baby boy. However, registering for our baby boy made me quite excited and a little overwhelmed! It's amazing how you can feel totally prepared emotionally, and then walk into a baby store and feel completely inadequate to be a parent. There were items there that I didn't even know existed, let alone what they were used for. Suddenly I started going into panic mode, and wanted to burst into tears...(I'm sure the pregnancy hormones didn't help that!) Then I just had to remember that back in the day, these things didn't exist, and children still lived! Once I got that into my brain, and reassured myself that I am probably a lot more capable than a lot of first time mothers out there, (considering all my younger siblings I took care of SO many times!) it started to become so fun! There are so many choices though, and I have a hard time making decisions. Aaron particularly enjoyed having the scanning duty! If we liked something and wanted to put it on our registry, we scan the bar code, and Aaron loved that responsibility!

1 comment:

Amber Joy said...

You guys are so precious. I love that Aaron went with you to register, I'm sure his support meant a lot. I totally understand how you felt. I felt that too as a first time mom. I was reading "What to expect when your expecting" and "What to expect the first year" and I had to stop reading them because I would stress over all that is happening or what "could" happen. If you want tips on what toys, gadgets, etc. that I liked or found useful, let me know :)

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff