Friday, January 1, 2016

Baby #4

Updating this blog has been so daunting to me. Probably because I'm so severely behind with journaling our life this year, that it just has been too overwhelming. There's a lot to update, but I'll start with probably our most exciting adventure this year.

We found out in late May, that we were (SURPRISE!) expecting another addition to our rowdy crew. This pregnancy was my most difficult. I was sicker, and more tired than I had ever been in any other pregnancy. This is my only pregnancy that's gotten me waking up to use the restroom in the middle of the night. It was so different in so many ways, that I hoped it meant it was a girl.

 At 15 weeks, and 17 weeks we had ultrasounds that determined the sex of the baby to be a boy. While we were still excited to be adding a fourth, we were a little (ok a lot) sad that on our last shot, we wouldn't be having the girl we had always wanted! We love our boys and we know the boy thing, plus we had all the clothes we could ever need for another boy so things were still good. We chose a name, we were getting excited to meet this new baby boy.

 At week 20 I had another ultrasound and the dr. got us all sorts of confused and hopeful when he said that if I hadn't had the previous ultrasounds, he would be 100% sure it was a girl. Oh great. I was trying not to get my hopes up while simultaneously being oddly sad, or sort of mourning, that we weren't having a boy anymore. It was the strangest most surreal feeling. We were told that at our 24 week appointment would be the big ultrasound where they'd be able to determine for sure, the gender of the baby.

Those 4 weeks were the longest, ever, of this whole pregnancy. Sure enough, 24 weeks came, and a baby GIRL was confirmed!!!

I love this little clip from her ultrasound. You can see her little fingers grab onto her feet. :) 


Apparently Aaron had been in cahoots with some ladies from our ward and texted them immediately, once the gender was confirmed. When I got home, I had this surprise waiting for me. And I of course burst into tears. It was such an emotional day. I won't soon forget it.
We have been so excited for her to get here. When we told Kade he was going to have a little sister, he responded with, "I have been praying for a little sister! Heavenly Father answered my prayers!" Which again made me burst into tears. Like I said, emotional. Tadd has also been so excited to have a sister and he's loved helping me get her room together. Max knows there's a baby coming, and he'll kiss my belly and say hello to baby sisser. I really am so excited to see them interact with a sister. I think she's the luckiest. In one short week we are going to be holding her in our arms and we can't wait!

1 comment:

Lloyd & Kristi said...

We, of course, cannot wait either. She will be wonderful and beautiful and, I'm sure, very spoiled by 3 protective brothers.
I love the way you write! I love you. It's also strangely emotional for me knowing my first baby girl is about to have her first baby girl. She will be a wonderful addition to your happy home. Enjoy every second of it.

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff