Monday, August 24, 2015

So Much to Catch Up...

I neglected this poor blog, during the entire summer. School started again today so I figured I should play catch-up.  This summer has been so busy for work that I haven't had a ton of time to take pictures of my own family! :( I'll do better. 

Toward the end of the last school year, Kade's class had an awards ceremony. All the kids dressed up and watched a cute video their awesome teacher made for them and then the awards were handed out. Look how cute they all are!
Kade's award was "Best Penmanship", he was so proud of himself! It was adorable. 
On the last day of school, there were lots of tears. He was so sad to be leaving school and his friends and his teacher, Mrs. Chatfield. He absolutely loved everything about 1st grade!
Toward the end of May, Tadd had to get stitches after a fall into the leg of the kitchen table. Aaron and I were working at a wedding when it happened. Luckily it wasn't too bad. He's had worse. It's something about that eyebrow of his!
We also celebrated Kade's birthday! He turned 7! My parents were here and Aunt Amy and the kids came up as well as my Grandma Lauritzen! It was so fun to have so much family around for his birthday. He chose to go bowling and then we had cake and presents back at the house. 
Randomly one day, Max climbed into this cabinet and wanted the doors shut. He stayed in there for so long. He's a weirdo. 
And Aaron's birthday! He turned 35. Serena, Cameron and Charity came over for dinner and we had a nice relaxing evening with Cafe Rio salad and cheesecake. Sadly I didn't get a picture with our guests!
On our first day of summer vacation, we went to the splash pad. It was the perfect way to start the summer. 
On the fourth of July, we went to Jamie's house and had a yummy BBQ. Again, Serena and Cameron were there too. And again I didn't get any pictures when we were around other people. But I did take pictures of the sparklers that went down after our firework show. TADD HELD A SPARKLER! This was a big deal. Last year he ran screaming. This year he was still hesitant but he did it. And then he burned his finger and he was finished. 
We also went on a family vacation to California! It was the looongest road trip of my whole life. The way there wasn't too bad but the way back was awful. Max hurt his neck and couldn't lift his ear off of his shoulder. He screamed the entire way home. Our last leg, should have been 11 hours and it ended up being 17. Awful. Annnd again, I didn't take very many pictures with my real camera but I did instagram a lot of our trip so that counts, right? The only ones I took were when we went to the beach, even then I didn't take very many because my battery died. Ugh. 
It was an eventful summer and we did do our bucketlist again. It was fun but unfortunately we didn't get to do very many of our items. Next year will be better! 

1 comment:

Fun and Festive said...

THanks for the update, I've been waiting because I love to see the pictures. I think it's great that Kade goes to a good school. Can't believe he will be 8 this year. Ineresting that Max liked the cubby, maybe it has to do with the incubator he lived in for so many weeks. Looks like it was another fun summer!

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff