Friday, January 1, 2016

They Started School


Kade started 2nd grade this year. He loves school and was counting down the last days of summer. He couldn't wait to see friends again and go learn! 
I did my usual video for him. This year I decided I'll only do it on the first day of every elementary year. Then on the first and last days of jr. high and high school.  Let's be real, I'll be lucky if they let me do it that often. Kade was still willing to do the video this year, but heaven forbid he hold my hand in the school. :(

He's getting so old. Even from these pictures his face has matured and he's gotten so much taller!

I fought my hardest to get him to keep holding my hand but he thinks he's just too cool for that. Never mind that I kept reminding him, he'll never be too cool to hold mom's hand. Sigh. 

A couple days after Kade's first day of second grade, Tadd started his last year of pre-school! This boy was so excited for school to start. All the way up until we were walking to his classroom. That's when he started getting nervous and sad. He still tried to keep a smile on his face though. He wanted to be there, he just didn't want me to leave. 

When I picked him up, I expected a big hug and a whole lot of excitement to see me again. The instant he saw me, he said, "Mom! Can I go to my friend Connor's house?" He told me he had too much fun to miss me. Something that was both a relief and a devastation. He's my little mama's boy, but I'm glad he's gaining his own independence. This year has been amazing for him, he's already starting to read and he loves homework, for now. :) 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff