Thursday, March 15, 2012

This Happened.

When you're purchasing baby items for the first time...you buy everything. At least we did. Also, we bought it in the largest sizes the store carried. Friends, let me tell you, this not a good idea! Turns out, you don't use every product made for babies. Gasp. Crazy right? Even if you do use it, there's a good chance you're not going to use it every day. Which brings me to my point.

When we were pregnant with Kade, we bought a gigantic bottle of baby powder. He's almost 4. That bottle is nearly full. Or, at least it was. Until, today. Today became the day I regretted that stupid over-sized bottle of baby powder.

You see? Kade and Tadd, they're brothers. And as brothers do, they fight. All. the. time. Therefore, when they're playing quietly together, I don't bother them. As I've learned that bothering them, is the kiss of death. When they play nicely, I'm afraid to move. I don't want to disrupt whatever has aligned just right, as to make them play oh so well, together. Today, not bothering them was my second biggest mistake. (Just to make sure you're still with me, the bottle of baby powder was my first biggest mistake.)

Here's why:
I vacuumed Kade's shoe only half way. For you. So you can see just how much powder was covering the entire room.
It's like a crime scene.
That "haze" you're seeing in the room...powder. It has no where else to fall. When I opened the door it was like I got hit with a cloud of that white garbage.
He explaining that this all happened because Tadd wanted to play with him. I guess he wanted me to regret their spending time together.

Obviously they had to be cleaned.

Creepy baby smile? Yes.

***And just to clarify, Kade does NOT sleep on a bare mattress. His sheets are in the wash. Just to clarify.***

6 comments:

Erin said...

OH MY GOSH. The first picture made me be like, Oh Nickell, that's not so bad. But then all the rest of them happened. Also, from the pics, and my knowledge of your home, it looks like this went down in BOTH of their rooms? Amazing. Tadd's white hair in the tub--amazing. Creepy baby smile--amazing. Sorry that happened, but I am not sorry you took pictures!

Suzanna said...

I totally understand the 'kiss of death' by bothering them when they are finally getting along. My boys are the same way! Well, at least they were having fun, right?

Ana said...

I love the pictures and I TOTALLY understand. Wow. Even I am speechless.

Kathleen said...

Agreed with Erin. Saw the first pic on FB and thought well that is mild compared to what my kids do. Saw the rest and thought "wow, glad my kids have not done that yet." Also, just went and threw out my nearly full bottle of baby powder. So thanks for the heads up on that. Lucy once dumped the entire bottle of shampoo on the floor. It looked a lot less messy, but there is no good way of cleaning up shampoo. It foams all the more you try to scrub. It literally took me over 3 hours to clean up. So don't let them get to that one:)

Amber said...

Glad you clarified because I was wondering. btw, this may be my favorite post ever!

cat+tadd=sam said...

THIS IS HILARIOUS!!! Tadd's white head!

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff