Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Day.



It's a little funny. But first I want to say no offense to any of you from Vegas, because when we were driving last night it was snowing a lot. However, today is a snow day. The freeway is closed for us to continue on to California so we spent the night at Aaron's aunts house. Today his cousins had a snow day at school. Being from Utah, where it snows a ton, it is funny for us. I know a lot of people in Vegas has not even ever seen snow before so it could be frightening to them. It's pretty funny to us though....There was a lot more snow, but it is pretty much all melted now. There is still no school....

5 comments:

heather said...

You are in VEGAS!!! No way! Yeah, I think it's pretty funny how they shut down the schools here too. I lived in Utah and I was surprized that the did, but it makes sense. The only two snow plows that Vegas has are in Mt. Charleston. SO of course people have no idea how to drive in the snow.

Brad & Emily said...

Nickell,

Laugh all you want that we don't have school today, but it's been the best thing in the world for me! I DIDN'T HAVE TO TEACH TODAY!!! You can't imagine how happy I was when they closed the roads last night. I kept my fingers crossed all night that they would cancel school, and before I went to bed, it happened!

It's funny--on the local news station, there was a lady who hadn't seen snow before, and she said, "Can I eat this? Like can I put my head in the air and catch the snow in my mouth?"

Enjoy the Christmas holiday! Drive carefully.

(I just got to thinking...you might not know who this is. It's Emily (Poteet) Goodsell.)

Teresa said...

ha ha ha ha people do that here too. It makes me happy. My sister is moving there in august, so at least she knows what to look forward to :) Nobody can complain about a snow day though!

Unknown said...

You two are the best ever, I just want you to know. Spencer gave it to me yesterday and it's GREAT! Thank you so much!!!

Crystal said...

Hey I'm thinking I want someone to take pictures of my little man. How much do you charge for a session.

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff