Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's Christmas Night....

First Caitlyn, yes my hair really is this long now and I hate it. I will hopefully be making an appointment here in the next month....hopefully....

Merry Christmas!!!

From our family to yours!





Merry Christmas everyone! We have been in California for the past week and we got to spend Christmas with my family for the first time since we have been married. That's 1 out of the past 5 Christmas'. I was so fun to be with my family at this time of year.

Last night we were all sitting by the fire just chatting and my dad shared a story with us. He is the market manager for T-Mobile here in southern California and last week one of his manager's mother's house burned down. (did you get that?) Along with the house all of this woman's Christmas presents for her kids and grandkids burned. A couple days before Christmas, my parents gave this woman a gift card to Toys 'R Us so she could shop for her grandkids again. My dad doesn't know her, he is just her daughters boss. The woman and her daughter cried and cried and they were so grateful. They couldn't thank my parents enough. This is obviously a shortened version of what took place. My dad told us that no matter what he got for Christmas this year, there is no greater gift than the gift of giving. He said the looks on their faces was the greatest gift he got this year! I am so grateful to have such good examples charity in my life. While gifts aren't the main reason for Christmas, we are taught to be Christ-like, and I think this was a perfect example of how we can be Christ-like. My dad is a lot more eloquent than I am, and it sounded better coming from him, but I think I got the jist....

We had a good Christmas, we created a lot of memories that will be forever cherished. We have had a lot of fun and we're glad we finally got to have Christmas with my family! Here are a few pictures from Christmas morning.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love your dad-and that story does not surprise me a bit!!!! Shari Watson

Fun and Festive said...

Looks like you had a wonderful christmas. I love all the pictures.

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff