Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Gingerbread House Festival @ Thanksgiving point

We went to the gingerbread house festival with Kelsey and Kylee while they were here for the weekend. We also went with Aunt Holly and Aunt Jeny. There were so many people there because there was a dance group performing. It was lots of fun and very Christmas-y. .. There were some AMAZING gingerbread houses! Be prepared, there are pictures galore!

This one was called the "Compilation of Diversity" or something like that. It was incredible. If you look you can see Big Ben, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Statue of Liberty, etc. It is all made of candy, even the water, it is just hard candy. It's amazing. Some people are so creative!
This is the back view!


This one has a really cool dragon in it. Can you see it? Again, all made of candy.

I liked the rock candy chimney on this one.

Santa, just chillin....

These ones were so detailed. I couldn't believe how creative they were. Someone spent a TON of time on these!

The Taj Mahal

Cindy Lou Who's house.




Kade and Great Aunt Jeny

Kade and Shannon were dancing. Pretty cute!



I can't resist his thumb sucking. I know I should be stopping it, so that it doesn't become a habit, but it's just too cute. I can't help it.





Aunt Kylee and Kade were pretty tuckered out, so they napped when we got home!

10 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow! Those are so neat! What a fun thing to do!
Kade does look cute sucking his thumb. :)

Unknown said...

Hey, Kristi, he called me "grandma" again. I think you better move out here so he will stop doing that.

Grandma said...

Thanks for putting those on. I felt bad I couldn't go with you guys. That would have been so fun-to see Kelsey and Kylee too.

Lloyd & Kristi said...

Are you sure you're aunt Jeny and not aunt brat?

Nickell said...

Mom use your filter.

Unknown said...

I was told that aunt jeny and aunt brat were supposed to be synonymous. :)

what do you mean her filter? Does Kristi have a meanness filter that she forgot to turn on before she called me a brat?

Lloyd & Kristi said...

Jeny is stealing my grand baby! I need to move. I love his John Travolta Saturday Night Fever pose in this one.
Oh and Nickell, Jeny understands me, I don't need a "filter" with her. Just like you don't use a "filter" with your sisters. I'm guessing she laughed, and secretly feels proud that her plan to have him call her grandma is working.

Mike and Melissa said...

So I learned in nursing school that thumb sucking can be continued until age four. After that you worry about the roof of the mouth changing and stuff. Just a tip of advice so you can keep enjoying how cute he is when he does.

Lori said...

Dime...just FYI, the big Lauritzen girls never grew "filters" until we grew up and had to be around real people. So our filters are person oriented - it depends which "person" is in front of us. Hey Kris, my grandkids are cuter than yours!!

Unknown said...

Filters? I've never heard of filters being used like this? What is that for? Like a "nice" filter? Hmmmmm, maybe the fact that I've never heard of a filter means something. Maybe that's my problem. But he does call me grandma. It's the only word he says so far! HAHA!

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff