Thursday, June 20, 2013

Kade's Birthday Part 1.

When we were in California, my mom suggested we have a birthday party for Kade. He has friends from his primary class there. And we've been there enough that he knows them all well enough to call them his friends. So I put something together quickly. It didn't turn out like I wanted it to...almost at all. But he had so much fun, I can't care too much. 

I copied an invitation I saw online. I know, it's tacky to copy. But I liked it.
I emailed it to all of the moms. I didn't even have enough time to print it out and mail it. Lame. 
As you can see from the invite, it was supposed to be at my mom's house. 
The morning of the party, we knew that wasn't going to happen. Because of the theme of the party, it was going to be outside. However, that day, (of all the days I'd been there) was extremely windy. Not just a breeze. Anyway, after trying to rethink what I was going to do, Kelsey saved the day and volunteered her home. This was a good plan as her house is near empty. It's still waiting to be filled with furniture. Needless to say, with the location change, I got all thrown off. The decorations didn't get hung up, just placed in places....like I said, not at all like I envisioned. I know it doesn't matter because he's 5 and who cares. Well I care. I get hung up on stupid stuff. I know it's a problem. Let's move on.

The time also got changed and I can't even remember why. But it did. So I made the invitation and the only reliable information on it ended up being the fact that there was going to be a party. Cool eh?

Luckily I'm friends with all of the moms of Kade's friends so I texted all of them and let them know of the changes. 

I wanted to get those wooden ice cream spoons for the rice crispy treats but that didn't happen. So my "paint brushes" don't look so paint brushy. There was also going to be a multi colored cake. That, turned into cupcakes. 
Their goody bags. Including: a tote bag to carry their artwork home, play-doh, markers, crayons, watercolor paint, and different kinds of paper for their artwork.
It also included this magnent that I made for all the kids. Somehow I didn't make it home with one. Sad face. It's for their artwork to be hung on the fridge. 
There were four stations. 1: Painting with straws 2: Wax art (we melted wax onto paper in cool designs) 3: Miniature canvas paintings 4: Free paint (I let them go crazy with paint and brushes. Pollock style. It was a favorite.)
This was the main reason for the over-sized white t-shirts. I didn't want the moms to totally hate my guts. 
Sally, Addison, Eli, Kade and Jeremy
 He had so much fun. The kids had no idea what was missing. Only I did. Well, now you do too. Anyway, it was very fun and I'm so grateful that Kade has some good friends in California. I love all these little kiddos.

2 comments:

Lloyd & Kristi said...

The time got changed the first time because of the kids with fevers. kade and Tadd were both sick.
And you're right, you are the only one who knows. It was a great birthday party!

Jedi Craft Girl said...

Totally Cute party! Miss you guys!!

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff