Saturday, December 15, 2012

It's Gone. Nearly.

Kade's hair is rapidly leaving his head. His bald spots were getting so bad that the long hair was just looking weird attempting to cover it. Plus the oils we've been putting on the spots made the long hair really greasy etc. It was time to say goodbye. Many tears were shed on his part. He was sobbing, "I miss my hair." It broke my heart. But we have some pretty awesome guys in our family that made it a "cool thing" to shave your head. Let's be honest...Grandpa's head is already mostly gone anyway....but it still helped Kade feel better about it all. Daniel, Aaron, Brock and Joey also joined in the fun. In fact Brock ended up having a mishap with his shaving of the head that he was quite upset about. Kade told him, "don't worry Brock, it will grow back." It was funny because the kid that needed comforting earlier ended up being the one to comfort....

I looked at the Alopecia hashtag on Instagram. Not a good idea with my pregnancy hormones. I'm just overwhelmed and impressed by how many people are so proud of their baldness. I hope Kade can get to that point eventually. Because the tears over missing his hair hurts my heart. I know it's only hair, but hair makes a big difference on a person's appearance. And yes he's a boy, which is great but he's also 4. He's too young to bic it. We're trying to teach him that it's not a big deal, that way when kids tease him...it hopefully won't affect him quite as much. 

Thanks boys for shaving your heads to make my little guy's life a little easier. 

3 comments:

Lloyd & Kristi said...

Look how cute they all look! I love these guys! And what a great and supportive friend Brock has...nice going Joey.

Melodys Voice said...

Nickell, how did I not Know he has alopesia ? So cool for tall the guys to do that.

Heather said...

He is so adorable any way...with hair or without.

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff