Wednesday, September 12, 2012

New Addition

We finally did it. We've been saying we were going to since we moved in, almost three years ago. Now it's finished. With how simple it was, I'm really mad we didn't do it sooner. A few weeks ago, we finally took the plunge and put in a dishwasher. Hallelujah!

I'm so lucky to have such a handy husband. He did the whole project, start to finish, without help. He says it wasn't difficult, but it was his first time doing it beginning to end so I'm still really proud of him. 
Our previous cabinet space. 
 He had to start by cutting shelves and surrounding cabinets out and putting in the hosing to and from the sink. 
The dishwasher wasn't delivered until the next day, then it was time for install. 
And now I have a beautiful, new, quiet, functioning dishwasher!!!!! I can't even explain my excitement! 

We still need to touch up some paint and patch some holes from the old cabinet door hinges but I'm not stressing over that right now. Why? Because I'm not washing every dirty dish by hand and that just makes me really happy!

5 comments:

S.Shepherd said...

That is so exciting!

Amber said...

He didn't yell jibberish at the pipes? (ask Aaron, he'll understand).

Holly Emerson said...

That's my dishwasher! Love it! Congrats!

Lauritzen Family Blog said...

I love when someone posts. Then I don't feel so far away. Good for you Aaron for putting it in. Looks great.

Brad & Emily said...

Congrats on the dishwasher! It looks great!

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff