Sunday, July 15, 2012

The 4th of July

This year our 4th was pretty low key. We slept in, skipped the parade, and spent the day at Seven Peaks. When we were all water-logged, we headed home bathed and went to Mark and Jeny's for a BBQ and good quality duck time....I mean family time. They have really cute ducks and I still haven't gotten a picture of them. But we hung out and played in the backyard with Tara, Joe, Kelsey Grierson, and Mark's dad. It was nice and relaxing and....hot. Later that evening, Mark, Jeny and our little family headed to the practice field at Provo High to watch the Stadium of Fire. We're not going to talk about how badly I wished I was actually in the Stadium of Fire to watch the Beach Boys. We're not. Let's just say, had someone donated tickets to me, I'd have cried with joy. Hate them if you must but I grew up on the Beach Boys. I would have loved to have seen those old dudes live. 

Kade attempted card games, we had otter-pops (I'm pretty sure it's a law. Like the 4th of July doesn't happen without otter-pops) and we just hung out as we waited for the firework show to start. 
 Tadd pouted a lot. Surprise.

We waited a long time for the fireworks to start.....

......
.......a really long time.
Once the fireworks started, everyone was happy. Kade was afraid at first but then loved it by the end. Now he wants to do fireworks all. the. time. 

2 comments:

taraya said...

Wow, pretty nice view! Also, the Beach Boys were so awesome. SO awesome. Could you hear them at all from where you were? Best concert I've ever been to. I have some very poor quality videos on my phone if you would like to see them and solidify your jealousy.

Wanderingfamilies said...

Brielle Wollenzien is my SIL and I found your blog through hers...anyway, I am right there with you and your affinity for the Beach Boys - I grew up listening to them and going to their annual FREE concert on the shore in NJ in the summer! But alas, my hubby doesn't share the love. :) Your blog is fun to read, thanks for sharing! Oh, and I frequent 7 Peaks often...I am the strawberry blonde with 3 girls (ages almost 4, almost 2, and almost 1)...we pretty much hang at the toddler pool the ENTIRE time...

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff