Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happily Frustrated

This is a weird post. I have been trying to figure out how to write it for a few weeks. There's not a fun way to put it. We are officially 100% self-employed now. Aaron lost his job a few weeks ago and we could say he joined the unemployed club but truth is he is still working. He's lucky enough (and so are we) to have a skill that will provide income even when a company is not. It's summer time and we've both been picking up a lot of weddings so we'll be sure to stay busy and not homeless. :) This isn't a post for pity. Please. It's just informative.

A few weeks ago when he came home in the middle of the day, with "the look" on his face. I knew what happened. After all, we've seen this look now three times in three years. All from the same company. We're tired of it. He was too stressed out. He wasn't himself. He hasn't been himself in a long time. So when he came home that day, I was relieved. Weird. I know. But I'm so excited to have him around more. I'm so excited for him to get back to himself and to be happy again. I'll also tell you who else is excited....










Now we go for long (and I mean like 4 hours long) walks in the middle of the day. Because we. can. We get to have him around. All. the. time. And it's awesome.

He's been applying for jobs, all over the place. He'll find one. And as long as it's not with this previous employer, I'm sure it will be much better! This is the best time of year for this to happen, because we are so busy with weddings.

We didn't know it before, but we needed this. All is well.


5 comments:

Janine said...

I am so happy about this. Losing jobs is awful but sometimes it is just the blessing we needed. I am glad you've been busy with weddings. I miss you guys. Tell him to apply with Caterpillar.

blauritz said...

IT is interesting, isn't it, what trials are sent into our lives. There is something that we need to learn from each of those trials and it is not often clearly evident. We wish both of you all the success and happiness in the world. Something will turn up, I'm sure.

Erin said...

Love you guys.

Fun and Festive said...

I'll bet he is loving being around more. Hopefully he will find one before the Holidays are here. We are praying for you all. He is a talented and hard worker.

Heather said...

I'm glad that his unemployment hasn't gotten you down. Stay positive. And count your blessings and treasure these days when you have him around so much...who knows when he'll get a job and be away again.

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff