Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Some News

We're back to Kade again. He had his drain taken out this morning. To say it went smoothly would be a lie, but it could have been worse. Kade knew where we were going and he wasn't happy about it. He's been so bothered by his drain, so I thought maybe he would be excited to take it out. Nope.

He started crying as soon as we pulled into the parking lot, saying he didn't want to go there, while pointing to the door we went in last Sunday when the bulge was aspirated. (I feel like the bulge should have a name. How about.... Timon? I don't know, sure.) I promised him we wouldn't go into the building through that door, we'd go in through another. That calmed him down. We got into the building, he was fine. Excited even, that he got to push buttons on the elevator.

We got into the office and he wasn't pleased, then that was made better by the toys in the office. Then....dun dun duuuunnnn.....we had to go back to the exam room. Mind you, I had one arm occupied by the Goliath of infant car seats and the other by Kade's itty bitty hand. Well, Kade went limp. He did NOT want to go back there. His memories of that office are not his most fond memories. Keep in mind, Goliath is in my left arm....I literally (and yes, I'm using that word correctly) had to drag him into the exam room. All the while he is kicking and screaming. I'm just glad it wasn't a super busy day there. We were the only patients in the office because it was right before lunch.

We did the usual pin him down action, the drain was pulled from Timon's previous residence. Dr. H. was bothered by how much fluid had filled the drain since the surgery. We had dumped, on average, 30ml per day. Dr. H. was hoping for around 15ml the first day and then drops from then on out. Since that was not the case, he became uncertain with what will happen next. He will be contacting a pediatric E.N.T. up at Primary Children's to get a second opinion. We're hoping for no surgery round 3. Timon is not welcome in our home. We're hoping he never comes back.

Until then, Kade continues to be bandaged up, nice and tight. He's so happy to be drain free.

6 comments:

Melody's Voice said...

I really do pray everything works out!

Barry Lauritzen said...

Sounds like some ice cream is in order.

S.Shepherd said...

Poor guy!! All those pictures of Kade with (as you said) Timon are so sad. I hope that they can figure out how to stop the fluid from building up.
I agree some ice cream is in order.

Troy and Brittany said...

Oh I know you're probably feeling so helpless too. I'll just keep praying.

Serena Autumn Simonsen said...

Ya Timon is definitely unwelcome...hope he gets the message and never comes back. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Fun and Festive said...

Hopefully we have seen the last of Timon. I can only imagine how hard it must have been to drag Kade into the office. We're sending love thoughts your way!

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff