Thursday, March 10, 2011

So Far-So Good

So far, everything is good. Kade is miserable this time which is making it more difficult both emotionally and physically, however, it's also causing him to rest more so that he can heal. I didn't bring my camera today because I figured it would be, basically, the same pictures. Now I'm mad I didn't. Aaron got him a cute balloon. And it's just been (aside from the doctor, hospital, incision site, and room layout) a completely different experience. We're doing well though. Just watching movies and hanging out.

I absolutely love this hospital. Right outside Kade's window, there are horses. He's been watching them run around and he loves it. Kade's doctor is awesome! We love Dr. H. We haven't felt like he is ignoring our concerns or questions even once. He thinks about Kade when he's not meeting with us, he's just great, and has done a wonderful job taking care Kade! The nurses have been so nice today. Some of them even remember Kade from last time. It was only a week ago, but still, it's nice to know that he's not just another patient to them. One of them told me she thought about him for a few days after he left because he was just so cute. Another today, asked him if he wanted a drink, he replied "yes please." She said she's now in love and he can have anything he wants. He's definitely won the nurses over. They also have done such a good job at making sure Aaron and I have been taken care of. I'm rambling, I just feel so blessed to live in a place where we can easily get well taken care of when it comes to our health. I also am so grateful for health insurance!


My food came to me all pretty today. And guess what? It tasted good too! You can choose not to believe that, but it's true. Also, I really am diggin' this "room-service" style meal time in the hospital now.


We really sincerely appreciate all the prayers in our behalf and love that we have felt from friends and family members. We love you all! We're very lucky to have all of you in our lives!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Poor little guy. This makes me so sad! I hope that he recovers well and that the surgery is a success this time! Your family will be in my prayers!

Fun and Festive said...

Precious picture. He will be a better boy because of this experience. Sounds like a great hospital. Is that an orchid in hour potatoes?

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff