Thursday, March 10, 2011

More Pictures

Remember how I said, I wished I'd brought my camera? Well it's true. Super duper true. My camera phone came to the rescue. It's awful quality! Just pretend I'm making a statement with my art, OK? Deal.

We went on a walk to the gift shop, just to get out of the room for a while. Kade preferred to push his IV stand all on his own.

Aaron is the best husband, I'll spare you my gushing over him because I don't want you to feel bad that he's not your husband. But he brought dinner to me from Carrabas, and cake from the cutest cake shop ever called The Chocolate. (Super tasty p.s.) He knew today was going to be a different, less exciting birthday and definitely went out of his way to make sure we could still have fun. This will be one of my most memorable birthdays for sure.
When Aaron showed up with Tadd, Kade immediately insisted Tadd sit by him and watch his movie with him. He gave him a big hug and kiss when Aaron sat him on the bed.

My mom sent me flowers for my birthday and a stuffed dino for Kade for his surgery day. Thank you mom!


My yummy dinner. Chicken Parmigiana and mashed potatoes and salad (not pictured).

I should have taken a picture of the actual cake and not just the box. Oh well. Room service even brought us some vanilla ice-cream to have with the cake. Yum! I feel bad going on because I know how jealous you must be....

Kade got Bambi for me and Aaron got a pair of Vans for me. I love them both. Aaron also wrote me a note that made me weep. I'm blaming it on the exhaustion and stress of the day....

This photo is for Kade's ever-so-curious cousins, Colton and Rylan. They wanted to know just about as much as possible about this fluid, causing problems for their cousin Kade. So boys, here is a picture of it. Kind of weird looking, huh?

He'll have the drain in for a couple of days. Hopefully he'll get a little more used to it and not keep tugging at it.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, Nickell, those pics of him pushing his IV are heartbreaking. I'm just glad I know he isn't like a tiny cancer patient, or I would be weeping at my desk.

Aaron is the bomb.com. For realsies.

Also, those pics of Kade and Tadd sitting in the bed together are SO cute!

Barry Lauritzen said...

So, do the doctors think that they got the problem fixed?

We put Cade's name in the temple yesterday.

Unknown said...

It's ok, Nickell. It took my mom 5 years to spell Tara's name right.

Fun and Festive said...

Not one of your favorite birthdays but definitely one of the most memorable!

S.Shepherd said...

OOOO the drain tube. I had one of those after I had Kaitlynn via c-section.

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff