Saturday, December 18, 2010

Thanksgiving


Now that the semester is over and things are a little slower with business (it's a blessing I promise) I decided it's time to catch up on the blog. There's a lot to post. SO much has happened since Tadd was born and I haven't documented much of it. 2nd child syndrome? Maybe.

This Thanksgiving we were happy to have Aaron's parent's and brother and sister here with us! We also had one of Serena's friends from her ward. In my adult life, I've found, I absolutely love being a hostess. I love throwing parties. I should throw more of them. Would you come?

Needless to say we had a very fun Thanksgiving!

For a lot of Thanksgiving day, Kade did this...



Dressing the table was probably my favorite part.



And then eating. I can't explain to you how happy I was to be able to eat on Thanksgiving. I was thankful for that in and of itself. During my pregnancy I ate due to necessity and hated every bite. How happy I was to have a holiday celebrated by eating a lot of good food.
Yeah, I took pictures of the food.

This is how Tadd spent his first Thanksgiving dinner.

After dinner we played games and ate pie. I didn't take a picture of the pies. Just had a slice. Let me tell you what, you wish you could have had a slice.


Do I look tired? I was. It's a whollatta work for a 20 minute meal. Perhaps that's why we only do it once a year?
Also: Worth it.

6 comments:

Bowman's Beach said...

I like to host too and I would come get my party on at your house! The table setting is amazing! It looks so nice! Good job!

Bowman's Beach said...

Did I have! Enough! exclamation points! In that last! Post!!!!?

Melody's Voice said...

Your table looks so beautiful! I would come to your parties if I lived close by.

Meesh-L said...

look at how cute you are!!!!!

your table looks amazingggg

I also love throwing parties, its way fun huh?
I would kill to have the kind of set up you have!!!

miss you tons, lets do lunch soon :)

love you!!

Becca said...

well NOW I understand why you loved thanksgiving so much. being a hostess is WAY fun, and your food looks much better then ours did. haha. did you make that turkey? if so, I am ultra impressed. no lie.

also, your table looks like it came from a fancy magazine. you should be featured for your awesome table-dressing-skills.

Fun and Festive said...

The people, the food, the decorations the fun...it was a perfect Thanksgiving!!

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff