Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pretty Morning.

There are so many reasons I love living in Utah. And call me crazy but one of my many loves for the state is the weather here. It has been snowing the last couple of days and I decided (as long as you aren't driving and you are in a warm blanket or something) snow is the most peaceful weather. Just watching it fall is so soothing. Anyway, this morning the snow has stopped and there was SO MUCH fog. It was so cool. Obviously I could not pass up this opportunity. I took Aaron to school and hurried home so I could get my camera and get some pictures. I have wanted to do fog-tree pictures my whole life! Ok that is an exaggeration, but for a really long time. So while clothed in pajama pants, fuzzy socks and crocs, I trudged through knee deep snow to get these pictures. So WORTH iT! These were taken just across the street from our apartment complex. Now I have never considered myself a landscape photographer. It isn't my strongest area to say the least. But I am pretty happy with how these turned out!





This last one was taken from our balcony.

10 comments:

Joe and Victoria said...

I have to agree with the snow thing. I think its so beautiful when you're not driving and stuck in traffic. I have to say these pictures are so amazing!! I'm so glad you got to capture that. You should sell prints of these :)

Aaron Blair said...

Holy Cow! I love these pics babe! I was going to say that the 4th was my favorite but really I can't decide! We do need to print these.

heather said...

These pictures look awesome. It makes me miss the snow....which I really don't like.

Teresa said...

I think they are very good! Fog pictures are great

Amber Joy said...

Those are gorgeous!! Makes me want to drink a steaming mug of hot chocolate :)

Melodys Voice said...

Wow, those are beautiful pictures! You could sell those.

Fun and Festive said...

These would make great postcards! They are beautiful.

Brenna and Norris Whitmore said...

I love your pictures, they are awesome!! Defiantly worth tracking through the snow for :)

Janine said...

Beautiful Nickell!

Lisa said...

Oh how I love these pics!!! I actually think landscapes are a strong suit for you, guess I need copies of these too. What would I do without you? My walls would be so bare......

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff