Friday, November 22, 2013

Maxwell

With every baby, I've had their nursery decorated, waiting for their arrival. Max was different. Not only because he came so early, but because we knew we were moving shortly after he was supposed to be born. Well, 9.5 months later. He got his nursery. Finally. I don't have pictures yet of the whole thing, not good ones anyway. But this was the process of his name sign. I had a vision, I don't remember where I saw it before. Or, honestly, if I even did see it somewhere. I must have though, no way did I come up with this idea on my own.

My original plan was to buy some wood, and leave it outside. I wanted it to be naturally weathered and distressed. This was the most daunting part of the project for me. What if I bought wood and it didn't weather as quickly as I wanted it to, or look like I wanted it to. Anyway, as luck would have it, our neighbors down the street redid their fence recently. They had a whole trailer full of wood from their old fence. Aaron went and asked for a few pieces. They gladly gave them up! After inspecting them to make sure there were no termites or other problems, we started on the project!

Max was not sure about it all.
Aaron and I wanted Kade and Tadd to be involved in the project. Tadd's attention was lost quickly but Kade loved every minute!
We got Max's approval before we moved on. 
He started to get excited about it. 
Then it was time to paint his name on it. I wanted to do an old baseball script so I did my research to see just what his name would be like. Then I wrote it on a paper to get used to writing it out. Then I pencilled it onto the boards. Turns out my pencil job was no bueno. I ran out of room for the L's. I'm not a super patient person, so I got the paint and just decided to do it. (If anyone knows of a good way to get pencil off of paint without ruining the paint, let me know) You can still see the pencil. 

It's not perfect, but in my brain it was going to end up way way worse, so I'm really happy with it.
And it looks way better in person. I promise. Come see for yourself!

And just for good measure. Bah! He's just so cute when he sleeps. And other times too, just especially when he sleeps. 

1 comment:

Lloyd & Kristi said...

I love it! I love the sign and I love Max even more. Oh, and try gum eraser for the pencil on the board. It should wipe right off

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff