Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Just Because

We've been doing nothing especially exciting. Just spending as much time together as possible. Here are a few pictures.

Kade.
Kade is becoming quite the little reader. I love it, so does he. Everywhere we go, he's trying to read all the signs and words he sees. He absolutely loves school. When I ask the names of his friends, he tells me he can't remember ALL the names. Because everyone in his whole class is his friend. 
Yesterday he came running downstairs and told me that someone was outside of his window (freaked me out) asking if he could go play football. Sure enough, there was a boy from the neighborhood gathering anyone he could find to go play. It was so Sandlot-style. I loved it and it made me nervous, all at the same time. He's growing up. Tear. 

Tadd. 
I don't even know where to begin with this kid. He has so much hilarity built into his body that I couldn't go one day with out bursts of laughter. Even if I tried. He's also my most difficult child. While he's so sweet and so funny, he's such a handful. The sweetness and funniness is probably just to counteract the crazy. That way I don't lose my mind completely. 

Over conference weekend, we braved it, and decided to finally potty train Tadd. 
Around his 2nd birthday he started showing interest in going potty on the toilet. 

I was pregnant with Max. I didn't want him to regress once the baby was born, so we waited.

Then Max was born. Then we moved. With the move was a lot of displacement for about three months.  No stability, no schedule. I didn't want him to regress with a huge move, so we waited. 

We moved in, got settled, then his best friend started school. 

Basically, change after change after change has been happening over the past year and I just didn't want to potty train twice. Judge if you must. 

So here we are, the month he turns 3. 
We would be home all weekend. It was the perfect opportunity. 
Good thing about waiting a year after your child shows interest.... it's really easy. 
He did so well! Only a few accidents the first day, 2 the second and we've had 1 per day at a maximum since then (we're on day 4). Most of his accidents have been en route to the toilet too. TMI? Sorry. Kade was ready when we trained him but he was not as easy at Tadd has been.  Tadd seems to LOVE it too. He thinks he is the coolest kid on the planet now. 

He calls his tricycle his "motorcycle". But the way he says it, it sounds like "murdercycle". Coincidence? I think not. 

Max.
Introducing Max's DocBand. 
Max has plagiocephaly. It sounds a lot worse than it is. It's not permanent and it is very common. Basically the back of his head was severely flat. He was at especially high risk for this because he was a preemie and their bones are just a lot softer. Because the back of his head was so flat, his forehead was coming out farther than it was supposed to, and one of his ears was coming more forward than the other. Not a big deal. Not life threatening. However, it needed to be reshaped so his brain could grown the way it is supposed to.  
So he gets to sport this...
 He sweats in it, it smells, it can't be comfortable... but when he's finished wearing it, he'll have the cutest little head, and his brain will be the right shape. Plus he's just cute, always. So there's that. 

4 comments:

Lloyd & Kristi said...

I love it! I love that they are growing into such great young men and I love that you share their growing up with us. I love them and I love you! You are such a good mom for those precious boys!

Fun and Festive said...

The pictures are amazing. Love the one of Aaron and Tadd in their capes. Definitly brings back memories to me of when he was a little boy, he was always full of enthusiasm. I love how each boy is so unique in his own way.

Penny in Pink said...

All of your boys are so dang HANDSOME! But that's just the icing on the cake, because I remember you telling me your kids will be nothing if not polite. So, you know, win-win for me ;)

Casidy said...

your boys are so cute.

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff