Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Circle of Life

So I have unfortunately discovered, and not recently, that friends don't last forever. At least most friends. I don't understand it, because I have never been this way, but for some reason, when you get married, your single friends don't want to hang out with you anymore. That I discovered a long time ago. But it happens when you have kids too. All of your married friends that don't have kids, don't want to hang out with you anymore. It's really sad. Aaron and I have always been ones to hang out with any of our friends no matter their family status. And it happens before you even have the baby too. At the end of your pregnancy, you will call your friends and they won't return your calls or they are always to busy to hang out, plus they stop calling you all together! Unless they need something. For some reason our friends think we have changed. We haven't. We are still the same weirdos. Sad thing is we haven't even had a chance to prove it! Anyway this is an informative post more than anything. Those of you who are engaged or pregnant, just be prepared. Unless you have friends that don't care about your status. If you do you are lucky. Aaron and I miss our friends, but we are grateful for the ones we do have! They have kids too. And we like them a lot! And we are glad they are our friends!

6 comments:

Bowman's Beach said...

I totally agree, in phoenix, when we got married, lots of our military friends stopped hanging out, but here you guys and the farmers were pretty much in the same boat we were so it worked out well.

Sarah said...

im glad you and Ash were still my friends after we kids before you guys. you guys were always willing to hang out with us, despite William and his annoying badtime routines. hopefully it will work itself out... i wonder who your talking about....

Kristen Jensen said...

I hope you're not talking about Ry and I :s
I totally still want to hang out, and I LOVE KADE. This summer has been so crazy trying to produce my film, vacations, and several talent contests. Hope you understand. Love and miss you guys!

heather said...

we have been in the same boat, but at least you find really cool friends with kids that give you tons of tips. These are the friends that usually end up being best friends.
All I have to say is that if we lived where you guys were at we would totally hang out!

KimandJake said...

Nickell I didn't know you had a blog! I love running into people online and seeing what they are up to. Congratulations on the baby! By the way, we will totally hang out with you guys we don't care that you have a baby! It just makes it even more fun. We should get together and catch up I swear it has been way too long!

Erin said...

we should definitely hang out and do some blogness.

And I just want to point out that plans are in motion for some hanging out with me, a childless girl. And I made them. But Marisa doesn't like to get back to people so I don't know when it's happening. That is all.

I love you and your husband and baby.

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff