Monday, December 2, 2013

Thankgsiving or "Friendsgiving"

This year, because of Aaron's work schedule, we were at home. It was really fun though. We are lucky enough to have some of our favorite people, living close by. Katie and Adam, Char and Blair, and the Lewis'. 

Katie, Adam, Char and Blair came for dinner. We all split the responsibility. I made pies, the turkey, stuffing, asparagus, and a cranberry salad. Katie made the rolls, potatoes and gravy, Adam made pavlova (a New Zealand dessert that changed our lives.) Char and Blair brought drinks, and a salad. 

I wanted to be as stress free on Thanksgiving, as possible. I did the majority of the work, the night before. The boys helped me make the French silk pies. 
The day of, I was super lame. I got pictures of the table... but no humans. I lose. I didn't even take pictures of our yummy foods or pies!
The Lewis' came over for dessert and brought a delicious lemon pie that they made with lemons from their tree. It was so yummy! Char and Adam supplied me with the following photos. The photo on the right is the pavlova. Yum. 
We were so grateful that even though we weren't with family, we still got to be with friends who we love like family! We've been so blessed to have them close by!

1 comment:

Fun and Festive said...

Sounds like you had a fun and yummy time.

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff