Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Few Randoms.

 Once we brought Max home, suddenly everything seemed to go into fast forward. Here are a few bits and pieces from the weeks following his hospital discharge. 

First home bath.

 Kade couldn't contain his excitement over having Max home with us. He wanted to help and do everything for his new baby brother. He's been so helpful with Max. Sometimes a little too helpful. :)

Usually I suggest doing newborn pictures when a newborn is between 5 and 10 days old. Max's started when he was 3 weeks old and we finished them when he was 6 weeks old. Good thing he looked like a newborn for a really long time.
The photos with Aaron were taken only minutes before he left for the airport to go back to Texas. :(
 When we found out we were having another boy (Tadd),  I wanted to choose one of Kade's newborn pictures and recreate it. So going with "tradition" we did the same with Max.  Obviously they're not exactly the same but good enough.

Here are a few more of his newborn pictures. I'll be posting more on my photo blog...eventually.

We're not totally going in order. It's all good. 
My mom helped me make the trek back to Utah with the three kiddos. 
Left to right: Nana bought neck pillows for them, for the drive. --Tadd spilled popcorn all over the hotel floor. That kid makes a mess like it's his day job. --We got back to beautiful snowy weather. --Nana holding Max. --We came home to frozen/busted pipes, we were pretty mad about it. Especially Max. --Our welcome home sign from our neighbors. It was accompanied by a spotless house! -- Our drive home. -- Kade became obsessed with the alarm clock in the hotel. So retro. --The last dance party before we left CA.


Left to Right: Kade got the flu. -- My glasses broke. Cool huh? Nope. --Aaron sent me beautiful flowers for Valentines day. -- Max continued to be adorable. -- The boys continued to be adorable weirdos. They used the hamper as a battleship. --I learned, I can't take my eyes off of Tadd for even a second. -- Kade played with Uncle Mark. We sure miss Uncle Mark and Aunt Jeny.

Aaron came home for a weekend to help me get things packed and just to see the family. He took me on a much needed night out. We went to dinner, ate a delicious meal, enjoyed a beautiful view and spent the rest of the evening watching Lincoln. It was so good! Highly recommended. 

The week before the big move, we were on a box hunt. Kade  and I were in a parking lot. I saw him running, and then I saw him down. He had slipped on some ice. At first I thought, no biggie. Then I saw the blood. He was the same way. He had a look like, "geez, that hurt"... and then he saw the blood. That's when the drama party started. On the ground where he had fallen, there was a whole lot of broken glass. Not cool. After a lot of tears, x-rays,  dr.'s, pinning Kade down just for them to look at it, and some derma-bond, we went home. It was a long, long day. Our biggest concern was making sure there wasn't more glass stuck in there. He said his middle finger had a smiley face....at least there was a smile somewhere.

There's the quick update of those weeks. More to come soon. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff