Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Randoms

Here's a few things floating around my head...

I love that Kade says "yes" instead of "yeah".

Kade is nervous to sing out loud so he always just mouths the words to the songs he knows, whether they be on the radio or in nursery. It's hilarious.

I had a dream Aaron committed me. I was coaching girls basketball in the old gym at Provo High and all of the sudden I was being taken away kicking and screaming. Then I was in a giant white building wearing a straight jacket. I can't decide the reasoning for all of it. Maybe he thought I was crazy for wanting to coach high school anything (since I don't have a whole lotta patience or a high tolerance for high school students) OR maybe it's because right now I just feel crazy in general.

I can't wait to feel like myself again.

I'm more nervous about having a baby this time than I was last time. Not having a new born, the whole hospital experience scares me this time.

I can't wait to sleep again...when will that happen?

I'm 100% expecting this baby to be completely different from Kade as far as personality goes. That terrifies me beyond belief.

Why am I so afraid this time?

Everything irritates me right now and that irritates me. I can't let things go.

Why does pregnancy suddenly make a woman incapable of doing anything. I can't tell you how many times I've hit the backspace during this post.

My kid is pretty cute.

How can one mom love more than one kid? I don't get it.

I love this semester at school. For reals. School is great!

I wish I could take over a more energetic body for an hour and clean my house.

I can't reach my toe nails to paint them and my sister isn't here to do it for me. How rude.

I'm surprised by those of you that have read this far because I'm irritated just writing it. I wont feel bad if you don't want to listen to me complain any more.

We're hopefully getting a second car in the next few weeks and I can't wait.

No one calls us to hang out with them anymore. Probably because I'm such a beast right now.

I need a haircut, and the energy to call Caitlyn.

I'm going to the chiropractor today and couldn't be more thrilled. Really.

Ok the end. There's probably more but I'm finished for now. (Thank GOODNESS, right?)

9 comments:

The Everts said...

Haha. I felt some of the same things before I had Caleb.

To answer some of your questions/comments.
-You love them both, but in different ways. You like your first baby more for a while but then when the second gets older, it equals out.
-They WILL have different personalities that will be SO opposite. Expect the worst. I should have. ;)Really, Caleb was a challenge.
-You're more nervous because now you know what to expect in the hospital, when you're home with the newborn AND you have another that's already in the mix.
-You feel gross because you feel huge, everything is ugly (hair, nails, clothes, swelling). I should have forced myself more to shower and DO my hair because I have to now in the mornings or else I won't have time in the day and it's made a big difference already with this pregnancy.

But all this aside- having another baby is fun, exciting, fulfilling when you see your two boys hugging, kissing etc and it's worth it. It's not the easiest at time AT ALL but so worth it.

Sorry for the preach session. Just thought I'd share what I'd learned when I was in your position. I'm still freaking out about having 3!

Janine said...

Ummm...i totally understand. Also, no one has ever called us to hang out. ever. we have only been invited to someone else's home to do anything 2 times in our entire marriage. i am glad you were able to vent. good luck on the downard slope of pregnancy.

The Jaynes Family said...

Hey it's Kelly Jaynes! I was going through blogs and happened to stumble upon yours! I hope the end of your pregnancy speeds up for you. It is so hard being pregnant with a toddler to chase around. We should plan a play date for our kids, Aryanna had so much fun playing with Kade the night we did Nico's pictures. Speaking of which I can't wait to see those! I hope you get a second car soon, I feel your pain on that! It is horrible to know you are stuck home all day because your husband has taken your only car. We finally got a second car yesterday and it has been awesome.

cat+tadd=sam said...

It's quite easy to FB me. Or text me. Or holler out your window and assume I hear you. Which, I might. I'm cool like that.

Amber said...

Nickell, you have one of the coolest, funniest and quirkiest personalities of anyone I know and I love it!! So glad you married my brother :) Miss you guys too much :(

Lloyd & Kristi said...

Let me just say HA HA HA HA HA HA HA only because I am anti "lol". I'm not saying ha ha! like you would when you stick your tongue out at the little girl next door. Just laughing because I have felt everything you have felt and I still kept doing it over and over again. It's because you love them so much once they are born that the pregnancy HORROR is worth it!!! Hang in there, it will get worse before it gets better.
PS I didn't hit the backspace once during this reply.

Erin said...

I just wrote you an awesome comment and then something was unavailable and now it is gone and I am mad.

But the point is, you will be really good at having a baby.

And also, can we talk about you taking family pics of me and Chris? I know it's kind of silly, because it's like taking engagement pictures again, since it's still just us, but I just want some recent ones that are good. That's all.

Fun and Festive said...

For me my second child was the hardest to adjust to. I was upset that I could not spend one-on-one time with my first. I couldn't lay down when the first one did because the second one was awake. I couldn't have a peaceful time with the second one while nursing because the second one wanted to be on my lap also. The list can go on and on. My favorite saying while I was going through a rough phase was "this too shall pass". Soon you will be holding your cute little boy and loving to watch how he grows and develops his own personality. So enjoy this last month with your "only" little boy.

Tricia Lauritzen said...

Take everything Everts said and then put my name on the bottom of it.
You are an amazing Mom so don't worry to much.
I can't wait for you to move to Colorado so Dave can adjust you for free and I can get you in for a massage and I can watch the kids so you can have a break!!
OH yes and one final possibly negative comment. People are often stupid and so that whole irritation thing.... try to not end up me irritated 24/7 and beastly on command. :)

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff