Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Festivities 2009

Ok Grandma's, here is the Halloween post you've both been waiting for! We carved pumpkins the night before Halloween and it was fun. Said pumpkins are in a previous post.


Kade was a pirate. Unfortunately I couldn't find boots for him so I had to make shoe covers that looked like boots....they didn't turn out so well.... and his vest in unfinished but just don't notice those two things ok?



It was a battle to get him to keep his earring on and he wouldn't, so he went without. At least I know my son doesn't like to wear jewelry, that can't be bad right?
He loved trick or treating and picking out his candy and putting it in his bag. It was so cute! I love that he actually got it this year! As for Aaron and myself, Aaron was a mental patient and I was his doctor. Boring easy costumes.

After the trick-or-treating some of my best friends from highschool in Utah came over, along with my sis-in-law Serena and we had a little social gathering of sorts. We had yummy halloween treats like home-made rootbeer, caramel corn, apples with caramel dip, cupcakes, caramel apple suckers, muddie buddies, oreo balls, cotton candy, and don't worry a veggie tray! Then we ended the night with Hocus Pocus. Classic!


The best costume of the night...
She's Edward in the sunlight. She put desitin and glitter all over herself. Hilarious.




Kiley and Tyler, the zombies.



That was it. It was a fun night!

11 comments:

The Everts said...

Your friend that was Edward is hilarious!! I love it! Kade looked adorable. He's such a stinkin cutie!

heather said...

I think his costume is awesome. You did a good job on it.
OH, and the Edward costume is just AWESOME!

Barry Lauritzen said...

May you and your friends put the same creative effort into celebrating Christmas -- I hope.

Erin said...

So I think now I can handle it . . . No, still not over the fact that El was Edward and looked perfect.

kate said...

I LOVE ELEANOR'S COSTUME!!!
I always knew she was incredible, but this just earned her like 50 more points in my book.
Also, who is Shelly's new GF in the pics at the bottom?! Jealous.

Shelly said...

That's Alyson. She's a friend from my ward.Hmm, maybe you shouldn't ditch me to fly to the other side of the country for Halloween eh? But that's awesome that you got to do that. Good job!

Natalie said...

Looks like you had a fun Halloween! Kade is getting so big, he looks so cute in his pirate costume!

Fun and Festive said...

Love love love Kade's costume! Aaron always loved Halloween, actually all my kids do. It is nice that they get to relive the fun with their own kids.

Kathleen said...

Eleanor was AMAZING. I am still dying of laughing. Oh that looks SO fun!!!!

Grandma said...

Oh that Kade is a cutie. I loved the post. He didn't like to get dressed up very much.

KimandJake said...

Those costumes are hilarious! I love it! Your son looks so cute too!

Blog Archive

Other Fun Stuff